Thursday, January 29, 2009

Power Out-Time Out

It's Thursday night and I'm snuggled up on the couch with a blanket and the laptop. Sick. With an icky cold. AJ has one too, but at least its not as bad as mine.

Over the last few days the electric company has been on our road swapping out the old poles for new ones. Early this afternoon they shut our power off for about an hour. After the tech came to the door, I scurried to heat our lunch in the microwave and run the humidifier in AJ's room to make it moist and warm for naptime.

While eating lunch I started doing what I normally do...thinking about what I needed to accomplish while AJ was napping. Laundry? Nope, no hot water. Dishes, nope. Phone calls? Nope. Prep a meal? Nope, electric stove or microwave. Update the blog? Nope, no modem for internet access.

I finally gave in. I put AJ in bed and went to bed myself. Mommy needed a time out from being a Mommy....

1 comment:

  1. yu can still d dishes; ahhh there is toilet water :-))

    LOVE YA GUYS!

    ReplyDelete

Directions for Leaving a Comment:

Scroll down to the bottom the post you wish to comment on. You will see the time/date stamp on the bottom along with the number of comments and a small envelope. Do NOT click on the envelope! Click on the "0 Comments".

A text box will appear for you to write your comment. You can use Anonymous, just leave your name at the end of your comment so we know who you are! Thanks!