Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tears Over Kindness

Today...has been a rough day. While I don't feel like elaborating on the details, I will share one thing....

When I got home this afternoon there was a bulky envelope addressed to me. I bawled when I read the note and saw the contents.

AJ's Uncle Dustin has now deemed himself my 2nd husband. I don't know how this all started (truth be told he's #3, but that's a story for a different day). It's a funny joke, and we all get a kick out of it. :)

He sent me two small "Baby Signing for Dummies" books with a very sweet note that read:

"I found these signing books. I got one for me and two more...I thought maybe one for you (not that you need it) and maybe one for a family member or friend..."
Happy Valentines Day!
Your 2nd Husband


I just bawled. It warms my heart and makes me cry whenever someone tunes into our world and decides, "Hey, maybe I could learn some signs to communicate with AJ." He now looks for you to sign to him. I love seeing others sign to AJ. Most of all I know it is building his communication skills with others besides Jer & I.

Thanks, Uncle D. I really needed that today. You didn't have to, and we didn't ask. You just did. YOU ROCK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Directions for Leaving a Comment:

Scroll down to the bottom the post you wish to comment on. You will see the time/date stamp on the bottom along with the number of comments and a small envelope. Do NOT click on the envelope! Click on the "0 Comments".

A text box will appear for you to write your comment. You can use Anonymous, just leave your name at the end of your comment so we know who you are! Thanks!