Some of you may have noticed that the ticker for "submitting to insurance" is no longer on the blog....
During AJ's last booth testing yesterday, I kindly asked, "We're submitted to insurance, right?" Fully expecting the answer yes, as its been two weeks since we were last at Children's for CI testing.
No. The answer I received: "Were in process."
Another instance of me feeling the "I'm sorry, what did you say?!" but in a totally different mood.
We have NOT been submitted to insurance. If you are thinking "I thought that was 2 weeks ago," thats what we thought too.
I was told by next week we'd be submitted. I'll receive an email right away so that I can get on the phone and push our insurance company to issue their written denial right away. However, AJ's state insurance is the issue. They have 30-60 days to review the case and issue a pre-authorization or denial. So, say we were submitted 11/15, 60 days would be 1/15/09.
Even 30 days would be 12/15. Surgery will be scheduled after pre-auth is received...and will be scheduled at least 3 weeks out.
What we're trying to say is that it would take a miracle for AJ's surgery to happen this year. AJ's Mom & Dad are very disappointed...and worried as our insurance changes as of the 1st of the year. Odds are we will have to submit to the new insurance company and get their denial as well before surgery can proceed. How long is that going to take?
Please keep our family in your thoughts and prayers as we continue down this ever difficult road to help AJ hear the world around him. We are so tired of waiting and now our hands are absolutely tied. Pray for a miracle for our little Guatemalan miracle....