Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blessings on Paper

While I don't consider myself a "packrat", I do tend to save a lot of things for AJ. I put them aside, knowing I will come back to it later and go through it.

This afternoon I caught a glimpse of "the box" in his closet.

"The box" is something I started after my baby shower. I saved each card from my shower, his Welcome Home Fiesta, his Baptism, his 2nd Birthday, and everything inbetween. I have been shuffling this box in his room for quite some time.

Since his Lifebook is still stuck on our first visit in Guatemala (yep, STILL), I thought it was time to pick out what to keep and include in his book vs. what to part with.

What a trip down memory lane. I seriously think I have the memory of an elephant, since I remember what each person gave as a gift for AJ. (Knowing who and saying thank you are very important things to me) Our little boy has been and continues to be so very blessed. I found my shower invitation, our favorite "adoption themed" card from Pat & Mike, and a hand-drawn picture of AJ & his Guatabuddy, drawn by his Guatabuddy's sisters, and a card with my Dad's signature...just to name a few.

Blessings on paper are such a sweet reminder of the blessings in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Directions for Leaving a Comment:

Scroll down to the bottom the post you wish to comment on. You will see the time/date stamp on the bottom along with the number of comments and a small envelope. Do NOT click on the envelope! Click on the "0 Comments".

A text box will appear for you to write your comment. You can use Anonymous, just leave your name at the end of your comment so we know who you are! Thanks!