On the upside, he's had quite a few gains this past week & this week, so we thought we'd share:
- Pulled a toy with string attached to retrieve it
- Looked at mom when toy stopped/made that eye contact to say "Help me, make it go" THIS IS A HUGE COMMUNICATION GAIN!
- Comes to Mom or Dad 7/10 trials when he wants something instead of crying/tantrum
- Going from sit to stand on his own-on the changing table :)
- Standing and walking along everything
- Making many different sounds that we've never heard before, lots of longer sounds
- Made his lips vibrate (like raspberries) while making a sound
- Allowed his speech therapist to do all cheek stretches, lip muscle strengthening, and touch his face all over!
- Vocalizes rather loudly when he stares at the office light from his changing table
- Drinking whole milk/cream only (no CIB!) for 1 week now.
- Drinking out of new/bigger/faster-flow sippy cup
- Great lateral tongue movement to the left side of his mouth with the help of "Pop Rocks"
- Calmed in a new place within 2 minutes, then the next day 30 seconds and played on his own on the floor
- Has enough trunk support to kneel on the yoga ball
Music to our ears...