Monday, October 4, 2010

In Which I Am About To Be Surprised...

I've always wanted to start a blog post with "In Which".  I love reading Jess' posts on her blog...not just because she's an awesome writer, but because she draws me in by starting each and every post with "In Which..."

Jeremy planned a vacation for just the two of us this weekend.  He gave me the dates in August and told me we were flying somewhere, in the States.  He arranged for his Mom to come in and watch AJ...even my own Mom is in on the whole surprise.  I must say, they have all done an outstanding job at keeping the location of our journey a secret.  Bravo people.  Its driving me nuts!

If you know me, you know I don't do so well with surprises.  I'm Type A, gotta know.  Ya know? 

I haven't been on a plane since we flew home with AJ.  That wasn't the greatest experience and caused me some trauma. Nevertheless, Jeremy thought it was important that we fly somewhere with a relatively short distance (as far as flights go) before we fly 8+ hours for our anniversary trip in February.  Good thinkin' hon.

I'm beginning to get excited about this weekend's surprise trip.  While we've been on a few mini-getaways since becoming parents, we have never gotten on a plane and actually gone on vacation.  We need it.  That's all I'm sayin'.

I'm looking forward to the lack of thinking I plan on doing. I'm looking forward to a break.  I'm looking forward to whatever it is we'll be doing. I'm looking forward to spending time with my husband. We'll be together, just the two of us, for over 3 days.  We might just get sick of each other!  Do I really think we will?  No. 

Warm weather he tells me.  Pack for warm weather.  Guess what?  Sandals were on clearance when I went shopping today.  Woot Woot.

I'm excited. 

1 comment:

  1. Love her intros too!

    WOOT WOOT! Did you buy some flip flops? Now you have to get a pedicure. And a manicure to match. Wait...then you'll need a facial. And a massage? A new outfit for sure...

    So excited for you. Have the best time and try to drink in every single moment.

    ReplyDelete

Directions for Leaving a Comment:

Scroll down to the bottom the post you wish to comment on. You will see the time/date stamp on the bottom along with the number of comments and a small envelope. Do NOT click on the envelope! Click on the "0 Comments".

A text box will appear for you to write your comment. You can use Anonymous, just leave your name at the end of your comment so we know who you are! Thanks!