Monday, May 27, 2013

Surprises

Dear Mommy,

I really enjoyed our time together on Friday.   I love it when you swing me higher..and higher…and higher.  Can you tell?  My smile and giggles are all for you, Mommy.

I’m sorry I made you cry almost all day long.  I’m finding myself, Mommy.  I really am.  Isn’t it cool?

I know you were crying tears of joy and pride, but I still hate to see my Mommy cry.

Yes, I carried that big blue ball across the yard with both my hands.  Yes, I walked while carrying that big blue ball.  I know you cried.  It’s ok Mommy, really.

Yes, I hung from the rings on the swing set and giggled when you thought I was holding myself up when in reality, my feet were on the ground.  I am taller and stronger, Mommy.  Isn’t it cool?

Yes, I handed you my cup and my bowl when I wanted breakfast, and waited patiently for my waffles and eggs.  I am learning patience Mommy.

When you said “Stop!” as I was running down the driveway…  I stopped Mommy, I stopped.  Are you proud of me?!

Mommy, I have friends!  I have lots of friends.  Isn’t that cool?!

I’ve learned a lot of new signs, Mommy.  Isn’t that cool?!  I love being able to communicate with you. 

Have you noticed that I am less frustrated and less aggressive?  I love it.  And I know you love it, Mommy.

Mommy, thanks for the iPad.  Best.gift.ever.  I love having a way to tell you what I am thinking or feeling.  Isn’t that cool?

Thank you for swinging me every morning.  My body feels so much better when I get to swing before school. 

Did you see me turn and walk out the gate when I heard the sound of the gate opening?  Isn’t that cool?

I know you see me when you call my name and I stop when I hear you call me.  I love that you call my name, Mommy.  It makes me smile and giggle.

Mommy, have you noticed I’m Mr. Independent.  Thank you for fostering that independence.

I love seeing your happy face every morning when you come in my room.  Do you love seeing my face too, Mommy?  I think you do.  You tell me I’m the most handsomest boy ever every.single.morning.

I'm full of surprises, Mommy.  This is only the beginning. Are you ready?

Mommy, I love you.  And I’m proud of me.


Me too buddy, me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Directions for Leaving a Comment:

Scroll down to the bottom the post you wish to comment on. You will see the time/date stamp on the bottom along with the number of comments and a small envelope. Do NOT click on the envelope! Click on the "0 Comments".

A text box will appear for you to write your comment. You can use Anonymous, just leave your name at the end of your comment so we know who you are! Thanks!