Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Keeping It All Straight...Part 1

A lot of people ask me (us) how we keep track of everything AJ has going on.  I decided I'll do a "how we do it" post, in parts. 

Part 1:
The Activity Board

A while back I figured out I needed to write down everything that we were working on with AJ.  If it stays in my head, it gets jumbled and honestly, way overwhelming.  I started writing on a small white erase board.  I split up his goals under headers for each area.  It didn't take long for the white board to become crowded, so I've been brainstorming.  Let it be known the my first 3 attempts were fails! 

Here is my new activity board for AJ.
Another closer shot.

Cool, huh?

Here is the before:

I {literally} found this frame in the back of our office/guest room/junk room closet.  Pretty sad I had this and didn't even know it.  Anyhow it was perfect.  I took the glass and cardboard backer out and sprayer the frame black.  I had some awesome bubble pattern material so I used that where a picture would go, and reassembled.  I write on the glass with a dry-erase marker.  Works like a charm!  I think its prettier than a white board to, don't you? Now I just need to attach heavy duty ribbon loops to the top and get some decorative knobs to screw into the wall to mount in the hall.

Total Cost: FREE

Stay Tuned for Part 2: Binders

No comments:

Post a Comment

Directions for Leaving a Comment:

Scroll down to the bottom the post you wish to comment on. You will see the time/date stamp on the bottom along with the number of comments and a small envelope. Do NOT click on the envelope! Click on the "0 Comments".

A text box will appear for you to write your comment. You can use Anonymous, just leave your name at the end of your comment so we know who you are! Thanks!