Friday, August 21, 2009

The Great Blue /sh/

Let me first say CLICK HERE to read about the 6 Ling Sounds. Be sure to scroll down a bit when you get to the page-as it lists the Ling 6. These are crucial for children with CIs. The rest of this post will then make sense (unless you are a CI Momma and then well, you already know!)

It has always amazed me that the /sh/ sound has always been one of the strongest of the Lings that AJ hears. It is often one of the hardest.

One afternoon I found AJ and myself bored with our normal daily play activities. I pulled out his Ling Box and stared for a while. Somehow, food coloring popped into my head. I grabbed AJ's little watering can, some food coloring, and we headed into the bathroom.

I wanted to play with the /sh/ sound a little bit, short & long, and came up with this!




Vocabulary Used During This Activity:
Wait!
Pooooooooooooooouuuuuuurrrr
Splash, Splash, Splash
Fill it up!
Water
Say help!
Weeeeeeeeeeeeee
Listen...(pause) "sshhhhhhhhhhhhh" while pouring water
Colors: blue,green
Put it on! (watering can top)

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm going to steal this and do it with Aiden! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Directions for Leaving a Comment:

Scroll down to the bottom the post you wish to comment on. You will see the time/date stamp on the bottom along with the number of comments and a small envelope. Do NOT click on the envelope! Click on the "0 Comments".

A text box will appear for you to write your comment. You can use Anonymous, just leave your name at the end of your comment so we know who you are! Thanks!