Monday, January 2, 2012

Goals for 2012

I've never been a fan of the word resolution.  Whenever I hear the word, I think of Nicolas Cage in the movie National Treasure 2 repeating the word "resolute".  I know.  I'm weird.

By definition the word resolution means the act of answering; solving.


Um, that doesn't sound very new beginning-ish to me.  Does it to you?  Life is not a problem to solve.  A puzzle?  Sure.  But the true definition of the words just doesn't seem to match up with the idea we all have with the New Year.

So, I set goals instead of resolutions.  Goals for the new year.  I find this time of year very fresh and new, so why not clear my mind and make some fantastic goals?

Here are a few of my goals for 2012 (in no particular order):

+ Read more often.

+Watch some of the movies people always gasp! at me for and say "You've never seen that?!"

+Attend church regularly and work on my relationship with the Big Man Upstairs

+Write at least 10 letters to family and friends who least expect it.  That means setting aside time and using a piece of stationary, a pen, and kind words.

+Continue with yoga and practice yoga at home at least 3 times a week.

+Submit my book for publishing.

+Complete the next year in my 2 1/2 year journey to my BA degree. (If you haven't found it yet, a few weeks ago I put a fun little ticker on the very bottom of the blog to keep myself motivated-or something)

+Thoroughly prepare for AJ's IEP in May to make sure what happened this year-does not happen next year.

+Battle the fear that often paralyzes me.

+Bungee jump in Italy.

Ok, not the last one.  Were you still reading? Te-He.  There are more, but I won't bore you.  Those will stay tucked in my trusty notebook. Er, one of my 9,456 notebooks.  Am I the only person who never finds the same one to write in?!

A Very Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Directions for Leaving a Comment:

Scroll down to the bottom the post you wish to comment on. You will see the time/date stamp on the bottom along with the number of comments and a small envelope. Do NOT click on the envelope! Click on the "0 Comments".

A text box will appear for you to write your comment. You can use Anonymous, just leave your name at the end of your comment so we know who you are! Thanks!