Saturday, November 28, 2015

Coming Home...Day 9 {A Reflection}

I know. It's another picture of her sleeping. I can't help myself.

She had a hard time going down for a nap today despite being completely exhausted. I'm not sure why. She has this cry that is so, so desperate. Desperate even though I am right next to her. It hurts my mama heart. 
But it's not about me, it's about her.

She did let me rock her for about a minute and snuggled into my shoulder-which is the first time she's ever come in instead of keeping a safe distance or pushing out while being held. Progress.
She'll wake up, well go down for lunch and all will be right with the world. For a little bit at least....
Yesterday we were informed of a little snafu regarding Mimi's visa.  Jeremy had to take a taxi alone to the US Embassy and pick up the visa himself.  This was not in the plan.  I kept Mimi busy while we played by the windows in our room (her favorite spot) and watched impatiently for the cab # to approach the hotel.  I never saw it.  What ensued was a full on panic attack from me wondering what in the world we were going to do.  My mind was on fast-forward. If Jeremy didn't pick up her visa we wouldn't be able to fly home....After a slew of messages flying back and forth, our guide assured me Jeremy was in the cab and on the way to the Embassy.  He had just talked to the cab driver.  Mimi wasn't sure what I was doing with all my sobbing. I was just so ready to get home and scared this was going to deter us from doing so.  I turned on some music in attempt to distract my emotions and listened to "King of My Heart" by Love & Outcome.
"You.are. bigger than any battle I'm facing...You.are.You.are..."



Skyping with her Big Bro AJ


Jeremy arrived about an hour later with Mimi's visa. I burst into tears the moment I saw him.
Last Sleep in Her Home Country

We are ready to come home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Directions for Leaving a Comment:

Scroll down to the bottom the post you wish to comment on. You will see the time/date stamp on the bottom along with the number of comments and a small envelope. Do NOT click on the envelope! Click on the "0 Comments".

A text box will appear for you to write your comment. You can use Anonymous, just leave your name at the end of your comment so we know who you are! Thanks!